What Is the Best Way to Pack Fragile Items?April 20th, 2023
Relocating can be overwhelming, but you don’t have to let the fear of broken and damaged items stress you out! With a few tips on how to properly pack fragile belongings, it’s possible for even your most valuable possessions to make it safely in one piece. To ensure that everything arrives safe and sound at its new location, extra effort should go into selecting quality packing materials as well as employing special techniques when wrapping up delicate items such as glassware or antiques. Moving doesn’t have to mean worrying — give your cherished valuables the tender loving care they deserve with our helpful suggestions on preparing them correctly!
Collegiate Movers are full-service cross-country movers in Lexington, VA, specializing in both local and long-distance moves. We have you covered from our home locations of Roanoke, Blacksburg, Lynchburg, and Lexington to the East Coast all the way out to the Midwest! Not only do we offer a professional packing service for house/apartment relocations but also unloading services for storage pods or truck rentals that require labor assistance, so your transition is stress-free from start to finish.
Pack Your Fragile Belongings Like a Pro
Moving day is always a stressful time, especially when it comes to packing fragile items. To ensure your precious cargo makes it safely through the move, you’ll need to know the best way to pack fragile items and take extra care when packaging them correctly. From china dishes and glassware to antiques and heirlooms, here are some great tips on how to pack fragile items:
- Use quality moving boxes with double walls for added protection. Make sure they are sturdy enough not to break down during transportation.
- For small or loose objects like jewelry or figurines, consider using bubble wrap and tissue paper for extra cushioning to help prevent damage in transit.
- Choose the correct size box for each item. Too large of a box can cause objects to move around during transit, resulting in breakage if they collide with other items in the box or the box’s sides.
- Line every side of the box with packing paper and add extra layers between each item; this will help keep them from rubbing against each other and breaking in transit.
- Wrap delicate items individually in bubble wrap before placing them inside their respective boxes. This will provide an additional layer of protection and help prevent any damage that may occur while moving your fragile items.
- Label all boxes containing fragile items clearly by writing FRAGILE on multiple sides or attaching a colored label. This will alert movers and other personnel handling your boxes that the items inside are fragile and require extra care when packing them.
- Place heavier items at the bottom of each box, followed by lighter items on top. This will help keep everything from shifting around during transit and prevent any damage caused by objects crashing into each other or toppling over in the box.
By following these tips for packing fragile items, you can make sure your most valuable belongings arrive safely at their destination. Packing with care will also give you peace of mind knowing your treasured items are protected! With a bit of effort and preparation, your move can be a stress-free success! Good luck and happy moving!
More Packing Tips & Tricks
Moving day can be a difficult and stressful event, especially when it comes to packing up all your belongings. To help make it easier on yourself, here are some of our top tips and tricks to keep in mind:
- Make an inventory of all items that you need to pack. Having a checklist will help ensure everything gets packed and not forgotten during the move.
- Label boxes with the contents inside. This makes unpacking much easier once you reach your new home.
- Get the right packing supplies, such as sturdy boxes, bubble wrap, newsprint paper, and tape, so you can securely protect fragile items during transit and storage.
- Wrap dishes individually in newsprint paper and stack them vertically to maximize space.
- Use extra-large plastic bags to store bulky items such as bedding and winter clothing.
- Wrap furniture legs with bubble wrap or towels for added protection while moving.
- Take apart larger furniture pieces like tables, beds, and dressers when possible, making it easier to transport through doorways and hallways.
- Pack an overnight bag or essentials box with items such as toiletries, medications, and a change of clothes for your first day in the new home.
When it comes to packing for moving day, being organized and prepared will make a huge difference! With these handy tips and tricks in mind, you can ensure that everything is packed properly and safely so that nothing gets lost during your transition to the new home.
Let Collegiate Movers Help You Pack for Moving Day!
Moving comes with many stressors, and packing your fragile items can be one of the most daunting tasks. To ensure these valuable possessions arrive at their destination unscathed, extra care is needed when it comes to selecting tools and techniques for secure handling. Despite the wear and tear on boxes during transport, following routine methods in combination with further attentiveness guarantees even delicate belongings are stowed safely away!
Collegiate Movers is the perfect choice for your next big move! Whether you are relocating near or far, our experienced packers and movers in Lynchburg, VA, provide full-service residential and apartment moving services on both local and long-distance levels. Get in touch with our team today to schedule your moving day!